2023/24 Winter Championships
- The WSTC Winter Championships are played over the course of the winter months. Finals Day : Saturday 23rd March at 13:00 Please DO NOT enter the tournament if you are aware at the outset that you will be unavailable to play in the final.
- Closing date for entries mid-night 10th September. The draw will be published soon after.
- Open to all members and we actively encourage all members to support the event by entering the mixed and same sex doubles.
- Choose your own partner or check 'I NEED A PARTNER' (the organisers will find you a partner)
- Best of three sets with tie-break (2 clear) at 6-6 in all three sets
- Only fully paid up members are eligible to enter tournaments
- Minimum standard is intermediate.
- Best of 3 sets with tie-break (2 clear) at 6-6 in all 3 sets
- Matches MUST be completed by the Play by Date: This rule will be enforced rigorously to avoid undue last-minute panics and court congestion. If by the Play by Date the captains have not heard from the players, and no result has been recorded, they will AUTOMATICALLY toss a coin to determine who goes through.
- Players are responsible for arranging each match - Members contact details can be found on the club's online court booking system - click Online court booking/member contact details. If you do not have your online username and/or password contact Tara Cosser (Golf Club admin) on 01483 421275 or email email@example.com
- The results of matches must be recorded by the winning pair HERE in order for the match result to be updated on the Club's Championships web portal.
- If there are truly exceptional circumstances and a mutual agreement to a date just beyond the play-by date can be reached (without impacting follow on matches), one of the captains should be contacted for a deferment.
- If it is not possible to arrange the match in good time, try to negotiate a walk over for one pair, based on which pair has made themselves most available to play or alternatively toss a coin.
- If injury prohibits play within stated time scale/play by dates the opposing pair must be granted a walk over.
- There is good time to arrange matches so please do not leave to the last minute. Tournament matches cannot be played on;
- Tuesday Match Practice evenings
- Wednesday evenings after 19:00
- Thursday evenings on Court 1 19:00-20:00
- Wednesday Round Robin Tournament evenings 7pm
- Tuesday 16:00-18:00
- Friday Ladies Roll Up 10:00-11:00
- Saturday morning social tennis roll up sessions
- Courts can be booked beyond the 7 day booking rule for club tournaments including the Floodlit. Click HERE to book (scroll down to bottom of the page for advance booking form)
- If by the the Play by Date the captains have not heard from the players and no result has been recorded on the Championships website , they will AUTOMATICALLY toss a coin to determine who goes through.
- The Finals will be played on Saturday 23rd March 2024 13:00-16:00. Please DO NOT enter a tournament if you are aware at the outset that you will be unavailable to play in the final.
- If a finalist unable to play on finals day, the committee can reinstate the simi finalist