CLICK LOGO BELOW TO VIEW 'PLAY BY' DATES
TOURNAMENT RULES & PLAY BY DATES
- Only fully paid up members are eligible to enter tournaments
- Closing date for entries> mid-night Monday 29th July: Draw published 6th August 2020
- Best of 3 sets with tie-break (2 clear) at 6-6 in all 3 sets
- Matches MUST be completed by the Play by Date: This rule will be enforced rigorously to avoid undue last-minute panics and court congestion. If by the Play by Date the captains have not heard from the players, and no result has been recorded, they will toss a coin to determine who goes through.
- Players are responsible for arranging each match
- If there are truly exceptional circumstances and a mutual agreement to a date just beyond the play-by date can be reached, one of the captains should be contacted for a deferment
- Please also contact one of the captains if your only option is to play a match during a club session (which should be avoided as a courtesy to others). Tournament matches cannot be played on Tuesday evenings or Wednesday Round Robin Tournament evenings. Check Wednesday night page for dates.
- If it is not possible to arrange the match in good time, try to negotiate a walk over for one pair, based on which pair has made themselves most available to play or alternatively toss a coin.
- Please do not enter a tournament if you are aware at the outset that you will be unavailable to play in the final.
- Semi finals stage: Should any of the finalists not be available to play on the finals date, the committee have the power to reinstate the losing semi finalist pair.