ENTRIES CLOSE MONDAY MARCH 21st
2022 Summer Championships
- Doubles pairs are drawn from a hat (unlike the winter tournament where you can opt to choose your partner)
- Closing date for entries> midnight Monday 21st March : Draw published soon after.
- The competition will start on March 24th with the final being played on 25th June. Please do not enter a tournament if you are aware at the outset that you will be unavailable to play in the final.
- Best of 3 sets with tie-break (2 clear) at 6-6 in all 3 sets
- Matches MUST be completed by the Play by Date: This rule will be enforced rigorously to avoid undue last-minute panics and court congestion. If by the Play by Date the captains have not heard from the players, and no result has been recorded, they will AUTOMATICALLY toss a coin to determine who goes through.
- Players are responsible for arranging each match - Members contact details can be found on the club's online court booking system CLICK HERE. If you do not have your court booking online username and/or password contact Tara Cosser (administrator) on 01483 421275 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If there are truly exceptional circumstances and a mutual agreement to a date just beyond the play-by date can be reached (without impacting follow on matches), one of the captains should be contacted for a deferment.
- The play by dates allow matches to be played in good time. If for whatever reason you have been unable to arrange a match, try to negotiate a walk over for one pair, based on which pair has made themselves most available to play or alternatively toss a coin.
- If injury prohibits play within stated time scale/play by dates the opposing pair must be granted a walk over.
- There is good time to arrange matches so please do not leave to the last minute. Tournament matches cannot be played on;
- Tuesday Match Practice evenings
- Wednesday evenings after 19:00
- Thursday evenings on Court 1 19:00-20:00
- Wednesday Round Robin Tournament evenings 7pm
- Saturday morning roll ups
- As courtesy to others, please try to avoid booking matches on Friday evenings as there is a club organised BBQ and social tennis from 19:30pm.
- Courts can be booked beyond the 7 day booking rule for club tournaments including the Floodlit. Click HERE to book & scroll down to bottom of the page.